Being one of the most powerful and affordable smartphones from Huawei, the Honor 6 Plus was announced in December 2014 and the phone was available for sale from that moment on. It features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 401 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; HiSilicon Kirin 925, while the graphic processor is Mali-T628 MP4. The phone has an internal memory of 16 GB or even 32 GB and 3 GB of RAM. Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
Whenever you notice that your phone is performing at an undesirable rate, all you have to do is hard reset the device back to its factory default settings. This hard reset procedure offers you the chance to keep all your desired contents of the SD card, so only elements that are stored on the internal memory will be affected. Before commencing, you should make sure that the device has sufficient battery (above 60 per cent) and backup everything important. You can do this on a hard drive or any other external accessory. There are two methods to perform a hard reset. First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- Tap on Backup&Reset and choose the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- Select ‘Reset phone’, and confirm the whole operation tapping the action called ‘Erase everything’.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second method to bring the phone to its original state:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select a command.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the Power key.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings