The Huawei Ascend W1 is a good Windows phone, which has an impressive design and a large 4.0 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. It was released in 2013, has a screen resolution of 480 X800 pixels and supports up to 4 fingers multitouch. Also, features proximity sensor and accelerometer and runs on Windows Phone 8 Operating System. Other features include Internet browser, Push Email, SNS integration, and GPS with A-GPS support.
Although using this smartphone can be a great experience, sometimes it happens that we cannot access anything; the phone becomes too slow to access or appear various problems that requires us to perform a hard reset to factory settings. If we choose to do a master reset, we do not have to be worried, because this is a simple way to fix our device problems. Before you start the procedure, is required a backup data, if not all the information such as contact, messages, applications and setting will be lost.
The Huawei Ascend W1 high performance is determined by its processor Dual-core 1.2 GHz Krait Qualcomm with GPU, an internal memory of 4GB ROM with 512 RAM and an external memory slot Micro SD up to 32 GB. Also, is equipped with a main camera of 5MP, with autofocus, LED flash and 2592 x 1944 pixels.
How to restore the Huawei Ascend W1
A simple way to perform a soft reset is the next one:
- Switch on your phone and make sure the battery is not empty.
- Then Go to Settings > About > Reset your Smart Phone.
If this is not working, you can try another way to restore the Huawei Ascend W1 to its original state:
- Switch off your device, then click and hold the Power Key until the phone vibrates.
- If you feel the phone vibrates, release the Power Key and press and hold the Volume Down Key until the exclamation mark appears on the display.
- Now press the Volume Up Button Key and release, then the Volume Down Button Key and release it.
- After that press the Volume Down Button Key and wait for the hard reset procedure to complete.
Also, you can try the next method:
- Press and hold the Camera + Volume Down + Power Buttons at the same time.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power Button but continue to press Camera and Volume Down.
- Release the other two buttons when the Format prompt appears.
- Now press the Windows button twice to confirm.
Another way to bring the Huawei Ascend 1 to its default settings is:
- Turn the phone off.
- Now Press and hold the Power key until it vibrates, then release.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button until the exclamation mark appears, and then release the button.
- Press the following keys: Volume Up – Volume down -Power-Volume Down at the end.