Have you ever encountered problems with your device? Is your Huawei Ascend G7 acting weird? Well…if you read this full article, you will have the chance to learn how to hard reset it. This procedure is similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer, meaning that the device will be brought back to its original settings. Before commencing, however, you should understand how this is going to affect the Huawei – in short, the phone will be restored to factory settings, which means all data will be erased. To avoid losing any important contacts, apps, or media files, it’s always important to create a backup.
To begin with, a quad-core processor of 1.2 GHz is powering the device, whilst the operating system is Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), planned to upgrade to v6.0 (Marshmallow). It features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 267 pixel density). The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a master reset. There are two methods to perform a hard reset. First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- Tap on Backup&Reset and choose the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- Select ‘Reset phone’, and confirm the whole operation tapping the action called ‘Erase everything’.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select a command.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the Power key.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings