One of the newest and most attractive models coming from Huawei is the Ascend G300. The smartphone has a large IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, and it is commercialized at an affordable price. Although it doesn’t have a great camera, most customers deeply appreciate it for the long-lasting battery that lets you use it for a long time without recharging. In case you own this stylish phone and would like to improve its functionality, this article will show you how to perform a hard reset.
Having been launched in May 2012, the device is now more than 2 years old, which is why some of its functionalities can be a little laggy at times. No mattery what the reason for wanting to make it work better is, the good news we have is that such a procedure will efficiently remove all viruses and increase the speed of reaction of the phone. However, don’t forget to make a backup of the data on your Huawei, so you can avoid losing important files that will be wiped during the process.
With the screen running on a resolution of 484 x 800, the colors of the display are quite strong and nice. Running on Android OS v2.3, the Huawei Ascend G300 can also be upgraded to the Ice Cream Sandwich version of the same OS. It’s equipped with a 5 MP camera and has a variety of apps such as Organizer, Document viewer, Voice memo, etc. Being equipped with a Wi-Fi 802, the phone has 512 MB RAM and a 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor.
Reset the Huawei Ascend G300
In order to create the backup that we talked about earlier, you are free to use any method you prefer. It is, however, suggested to take advantage of the USB cable you’ve got in store. This one allows you to connect the phone to any device you’d like and copy the files you need. In addition to that, you’re also safe using apps such as the Phone Copy application.
The folowing part of the article will simply take you through the most relevant steps of the factory reset procedure for your Huawei Ascend G300:
- On your phone’s Home Screen, tap Menu and go to the Settings folder.
- Open the Privacy folder and select Factory Data Reset.
- When prompted, choose Reset Phone and select Erase Everything.
- Your phone will be rebooting; wait for the process to end.
Next, we’d like to introduce you to an alternative solution. We only recommend using this one if all other options failed – if you tried charging the battery, removing it and reinserting it, doing a soft reset and using the method shown in the Youtube video.Please do the following with your phone switched off:
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys at the same time until the Recovery Screen appears.
- Using the Volume keys, select Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm with the Power key.
- Scroll down to Yes with the Volume keys and confirm using the Power button.
- Wait for your phone to reboot and don’t interrupt the procedure.