The Huawei Ascend D2 is a budget handset offering an impressive spec sheet. Launched with the Ascend Mate at CES 2013, the Ascend D2 seems to challenge the biggest hitters in the phone market. Sometimes you may experience all kind difficult situations with your device such as freezes, unresponsive applications, longer and longer start-up times or you may just forgot the unlock password and you find yourself unable to access your one phone.
At times like this, the only choice you have is to perform a hard reset on the Huawei Ascend D2. What this does is to bring your phone back to factory settings, erasing at the same time all data and making your device as if it were new. It’s very important that you do a backup before proceeding, otherwise you`ll forever lose all data from the internal memory during the process. The following methods will show you the steps to do in order to bring your device back to factory settings.
As incredible high-end device, the Huawei Ascend can be a real danger for the competitors. The device is powerful, having a 1.5 GHz CPU, which has been paired with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal flash memory, all of them running on Android 4.1. With a 1080p Full HD display and a 13-megapixel camera the phone can make really good pictures. Thanks to the Full HD display on the Ascend D2, video playback is great recording 1080P video. It has a Corning’s Gorilla Glass 2 coating that makes it resistant to scratches.
Soft resetting the Huawei Ascend D2
If you have already backed up your data on the SD Card or on other external device, you can proceed with the factory reset method:
- First of all, from the home screen access Menu Key.
- Next select the All tab and then choose Personal option.
- From Personal tab select Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset and then on Reset phone.
- Confirm your choice by touching on Reset phone once again. Now your Huawei Ascend D2 will restart and be restored to factory settings.
Using hardware keys
Those who do not have access to the Android menu because the Ascend D2 is not responding either they have lost the pass code, there’s a way to restore this device back to factory settings using the hardware buttons. Here’s how to do it:
- First of all, switch off the smartphone and make sure that you have at least 50% battery juice.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons.
- When the Ascend logo appears on the screen, release the Power button but keep holding the other two until the green Android figure shows up.
- Using the Volume buttons for scrolling and the Power key to select a choice, go down to the “Wipe data / factory reset” option and select it.
- Confirm your choice by choosing “Yes – delete all user data” and then the option to reboot.