The HTC Windows Phone 8X is a high quality smartphone launched at the end of 2012 to become one of the most craved models from HTC. Equipped with a 2G, 3G and 4G network, the device has the reputation of a very good phone. However, no smartphone is perform, which is why you may sometimes experience software problems such as errors or freezes that won’t allow you to use the phone properly. If you are the proud owner of this phone and would like to regain functionality of it, the best solution we recommend is to perform a hard reset on the HTC Windows Phone 8X.
The master reset procedure is very efficient because it can solve a variety of software-related issues very quickly, but it also has its downside – we’re talking about the risk of losing data. Once the HTC Windows Phone will be reset, it won’t only have a brand new operating system, but also a blank memory, which means all the data stored on it will be erased. To avoid losing anything important, we suggest making a backup of the data. This article is going to show you how to do so before getting started to restore the smartphone to its original software and settings.
Running on Windows Microsoft Phone 8, the phone’s operating system can be easily upgraded to WP8 Amber. The HTC Windows Phone 8X comes with an S-LCD2 capacitive touchscreen attached with Gorilla Glass 2 protection and it can also serve for taking photos and capturing videos. To do so, users can take advantage of the HTC’s main 8 MP camera featuring touch focus and geo-tagging, as well as a secondary 2.1 MP camera. The device comes with a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor and 16 GB internal storage, without featuring a card slot.
How to Restore the HTC 8X
As we move further and show you how to reset the smartphone to original software, don’t forget to make a backup of all the data you’d like to save. This is a very easy process that differs from one models to the other, depending on their operating system. To save all contacts, media content, applications and accounts information stored on the internal memory of the HTC Windows Phone, you can use the simple method of connecting it to a computer via the USB cable. Alternatively, you can copy the apps on the phone using the Main Menu and your Microsoft account. To do so, do the following:
- From the Start Screen, open the Main Menu and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the Backup option and tap App list + Settings.
- Choose Backup to confirm and if necessary, sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Tap the Back up now option and wait for the data to be saved.
Moving on to the next step, you can now safely begin the procedure. This is a fairly simple process and can be performed either using the menu or via hardware. Starting with the first option, you should follow the steps below:
- From the phone’s Start Screen, slide the Main Menu open and go to Settings.
- Choose the About section and tap Reset Phone.
- Tap Yes to confirm the choice and wait for the phone to reboot.
- Don’t interrupt at any moment; the phone will be ready in a few minutes.
The same can be done by using the hardware buttons keys to perform a master reset on the smartphone. Please follow the instructions below to proceed:
- Turn the phone off and fully charge it before getting started.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
- Once the Android icon appears press the following hardware keys in sequence: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power and Volume Down once more.
- The phone will be rebooting; wait for the procedure to be finished.