HTC Vivid is a great looking and powerful smartphone that has gathered millions of fans since its release, in November 2011. But, like any other phone, after a period of time, it can show signs of unresponsiveness. If you notice that this problem persists, then it is recommended to perform a hard reset to factory settings on the HTC Vivid. This process is extremely simple and will not consume a lot of your precious time. Read the following guide in order to fully comprehend how you can get your phone up and running instantly!
This popular smartphone has a S-LCD capacitative touchscreen of 256 K colors, 540×960 pixel resolution, an 8 MP primary camera featuring autofocus, dual-LED flash and other interesting features, including face detection, geo-tagging, and so on. It has an Android operating system (Gingerbread), which can be upgradable to v.4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and a Qualcomm APQ8060 Snapdragon processor. Furthermore, the device has a microSD which can store up to 32 GB and an internal slot, of 1 GB RAM.
Resetting the HTC Vivid
Whenever you feel that your smartphone freezes or performs at an undesirable level, then you should try a soft reset in order to get it up and running in no time. You have to keep in mind that this process is simple, effective and free of charge. You do not have to wait long hours at a GSM service, as this software refresh can be performed from the comfort of your own home. Just follow the next easy steps:
The first method requires you to use the settings menu:
- From the Home screen, press Menu, and then click on Settings.
- Tap Storage, then Factory data reset.
- Click on Reset phone.
- Tap Erase everything.
You can also perform a reset to default settings by using the hardware buttons. Here is what you need to do:
- Remove the battery of your phone, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert it.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and then briefly press the Power one.
- Wait for three Android images to appear on the screen, then release the Volume Down button.
- Press the Volume Down key and select Factory reset, then press the Power key.