This article will show you how to restore your cell phone back to default settings or remove the password that you may have forgotten. Released in October 2011, it is one of the older models from HTC, but it comes with great capabilities that include a very good S-LCD touchscreen. The HTC Sensation XE can be easily hard reset by following the indications recommended by us.
While it is highly indicated to use the factory restore method to get rid of a wide array of problems you could be dealing with, you will also need to make a backup. This guarantees that you will not lose any important information. Before we tell you more about that, though, let’s see what this smartphone has to offer!
It is powered by Gingerbread from Android, but it can also use the Ice Cream Sandwich OS. Coming with a Li-Ion 1730 mAh battery that supports up to 9 hours talk time in 2G and 7 hours 20 minutes in 3G, the HTC Sensation XE has a multitouch display attached with Gorilla Glass protection. Its two available cameras are: a primary 8 MP camera and a VGA frontal one.
Resetting the HTC Sensation XE
When the HTC Sensation XE is restored to original settings, all of the contacts, applications and media content will be erased. Therefore, before you proceed to reset, we suggest to save all personal information and charge the battery to 100%. Use the Phone Copy application that is designed for Android phones or take advantage of any external device to create the backup.
- From the phone’s Home Screen, press the Menu key and open the Settings folder.
- Tap the SD & Phone Storage option and choose Factory Data Reset.
- Confirm by choosing Reset Phone and select Erase Everything.
- The phone will now be rebooting and be ready to use in maximum 5 minutes.
The second solution is the best one to use in case the HTC Sensation XE is completely frozen:
- Switch the phone off, remove the battery and re-insert it after a minute or two.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the Android logo appears.
- Using the Volume keys, scroll down and select the Factory Reset option then press the Power key to confirm.
- Wait for the phone to reboot and don’t interrupt the procedure.
The HTC Sensation XE will now have been reset to factory software, having a brand new operating system and a blank memory. All you have to do is restore the data using the backup you previously made.