Released in May 2012, HTC One XL was one of the most advanced devices at that time, distinguishing itself with the very good performance and appealing design.
Sometimes you’ll encounter unexpected problems with your device and if you want to make it run smoothly again`re in the right place. If your HTC One XL keeps crashing or you simply want to erase all data before a resell, you need to perform a hard reset. This method will bring your device back to a functional state in just a couple of minutes, following some simple steps.
The most important aspect about a factory reset is that it erases all information from the phone so you need to backup all data prior to performing the soft reset. If you understood what this process means you can apply the methods described below.
The phone resembles in many ways its predecessor, HTC One X, but the main differences consists in the processing power and screen resolution. HTC One XL stands out with the 4G network from Everything Everywhere that is a super-fast network, a feature that HTC One X unfortunately didn`t have. Though it`s a slim phone, measuring only 9 mm, in the hand it feels solid to hold. Featuring an 8 MP camera, the phone takes really quality shots. Other features include 1.5 GHz Dual Core CPU, 1 GB of Ram and 8 GB of storage space.
How to restore the HTC One XL
If you can still access the menu, you can try the following method using the settings. Remember that at the end of the process you`ll have all your data erased from the phone so do a backup now before is too late.
- First, access the menu and go to Settings.
- From there you must press the Storage option and after that Factory data reset.
- Next, you must press Reset phone and if you`re ready to continue choose Erase everything. The phone will reboot and be back to factory settings.
The second method consists in factory resetting the HTC One XL using the hardware buttons. This method is suitable when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu or even turn on the phone.
- Take out the battery and reinsert it after a few second
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down button and, at the same time briefly press and hold the Power button.
- You can release those two buttons only when the screen with three Android images has appeared.
- Using the Volume Down button choose Factory reset and then press the Power button and the process is complete.