The HTC One XC saw the light of the mobile phones’ market in August 2012. Given its launch date, this is one of the newest models from HTC, but it has one of the best designs you can get in a smartphone. It is much thiner and uses better materials which is why its design attracts a wide number of customers. If you are one of these, you’re most porbably keen on maintaining the high quality of this HTC phone.
In order to make sure that its memory is not overly charged and to generally improve its functionality, we recommend performing a master reset on the HTC One XC. This is a very useful operation that guarantees solving most software-related problems easily. These issues can include anything from fatal errors and frozen apps to hangs and slow responses to most commands. Before you consider taking our advice, make sure that you save all of the important information on the internal memory.
Running on the Ice Cream Sandwich OS, the phone comes with a capacitive screen and 16 GB internal memory. Being also equipped with a dual-core 15 GHz processor, this HTC has FM radio and is ideal for playing music. The smartphone has both a Wi-Fi hotspot and Bluetooth so you can easily connect to the internet and transfer documents from other devices.
How to Master Reset your HTC One XC
Please don’t forget that the master reset process is going to restore the HTC One XC to factory settings. In order to avoid keeping possible software viruses, all data will be erased. Given the imense storage capacity of this phone, you probably have a lot of applications and media content saved on its memory. You can save these on your computer, a cloud or anywhere you’d like using the USB cable or the Phone Copy application.
While there are two ways of solving this situation, we’re going to start with the one that uses the hard reset buttons as shown in the video below:
- Charge your phone to at least 80% and switch it off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time, then wait for the Recovery Menu to appear.
- Scroll down to Factory Reset using the Volume buttons and confirm with the Power key.
- The phone will start rebooting; wait about 5 minutes for the process to be done and don’t interrupt it.
You can also restore your HTC One XC to original settings by doing this:
- From the Home Screen, go to the Settings folder.
- Choose the Storage option and click on Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone and confirm by choosing Erase Everything.
- Wait for the process to be done.