Who isn’t familiar with the amazing smartphone that was released in October 2010? It’s name is HTC HD7, but many of you might also know it as the HTC HD3, HTC Gold, HTC Diamond3 or HTC Mondrian. Because it is such a great device, it is our job to make sure that it never gets old, even if it’s been a long time since it was launched. To keep your phone forever young, you should always keep it safe from viruses and make sure that the memory is not overcharged. For these reasons as well as for your information, we’re going to focus our article on how to perform a hard reset.
You may be wondering why we’d like to propose you such a procedure. To put it shortly, this is the best method that technology researchers have identified for regaining functionality of a slow device. We’re talking about anything from errors shown while you were using an app, a slow-loading process or laggy applications. These can all be solved by removing the user data and restoring the phone back to default software.
This HTC has a Li-Ion 1230 mAh battery that supports up to 6h talk time in 2G and 5h of talking in 3G. Apart from that, it is powered by Microsoft Windows 7 and can take good photos. For the latter purpose, you can use the 5 MP camera attached with geo-tagging and autofocus. The smartphone can also record videos using the same camera mentioned before. Don’t forget to enjoy the Wi-Fi 802 and 3G network while you use the free apps installed on the phone.
Resetting the HTC HD7 to Original Software
There are several ways to make sure you don’t lose anything important. If you want to resell the phone, you will need to erase all data before doing so, but you might want to be able to restore this on a different device of your own. In such cases, as well as many others, you can use one of the many applications suiting your phone. A few examples are the SMS Backup one for messages and SendPhotos for your pics.
To safely factory reset your HTC HD7, you should make sure that the phone is fully charged and turned on before you use the indications from the following Youtube video:
- On your phone’s Home Menu, press the application slider and go to the Settings folder.
- From the available options, choose About Phone, then select Factory Data Reset.
- Choose Reset Phone to confirm and select Erase Everything or press Yes when prompted.
- Wait for your phone to be reset and follow any additional instructions on the screen.
If the solution from the video failed or the device couldn’t access the main menu, try to turn the phone off and back on. If it’s still frozen, you can use the hard reset keys to dothe master reset:
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time then wait for the Recovery Menu to pop up.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll down to the Factory Reset option then confirm by pressing the Power key.
- Use the Volume keys to select Hard Reset and confirm your option by tapping the Power button.
- Wait for your phone to reboot and don’t interrupt the procedure.