The HTC First is the first Android smartphone that features Facebook Home, which allows users to chat via Facebook messages and to view and post content on Facebook without difficulty. Released on April 12, 2013, this device is the perfect choice for those who enjoy spending time on Facebook and its customizable app launcher allows you to access your favorite apps and post on Facebook.
Like any other smartphones, this device may not work well sometimes and it can appear software problems such as unresponsive applications or it could just simply freeze. Either way, by doing a hard reset to factory soft, you can improve the HTC First functionality. It is true that bringing back your phone to its original state will wipe all the data on it if you do not perform a backup first, but it is the perfect solution to solve the device problems.
The HTC First comes with a dual-core jazz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1 GB of RAM, but it also has a 4.3-inch 720p Super LCD display. The device has a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera and runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. At the same time, this is the first smartphone that uses Instagram as a pre-loaded app.
How to restore the HTC First
In this article are presented two ways to restore your device to factory settings, either by using hard reset buttons, either by using the smartphone settings menu. This is the very first:
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Now wait for the three Android images to appear on the display and then release the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Then press volume Down to select Factory reset and then press the Power button to confirm your selection.
The second way to reset your phone is the next one:
- Choose Settings from the Apps screen and then select Backup & reset.
- Go to Factory data reset and then selected Erase everything.