Launched in October 2011, the HTC Amaze 4G is one of the older but very high quality models coming from the HTC brand. The smartphone designed for T-mobile comes with an S-LCD capacitive touchscreen and is known to work very well. However, after a long time of using it, the phone could experience a few software-related issues. If these are interfering with your user experience and you’d like to regain functionality of the device, we recommend performing a hard reset of the HTC Amaze 4G.
It is very important to understand how this procedure will affect the HTC Desire. To put it shortly, restoring the smartphone to original software will wipe all the data stored on its internal memory. We highly recommend restoring smartphones, as it is one sure way to solve most software problems quickly, but you shouldn’t forget to make a backup of all important information before proceeding.
The HTC Amaze 4G comes with 16 GB internal storage and can store up to 32 GB more on its external micro SD card. Running on Android OS v2.3.4 known as Gingerbread, the phone’s operating system can be easily upgraded to v4.0 which is the famous Ice Cream Sandwich. With features such as its dual-core 1.5 GHz processor and a Li-Ion 1730 mAh battery, this smartphone can also be used as a camera. Thanks to its 8 MP main camera attached with touch focus and face detection, as well as its secondary 2 MP one, the device takes photos and captures videos.
How to Restore the HTC Amaze
The first step to take before moving on with the procedure is to save all the data you wouldn’t want to lose. To make a backup of all the necessary information, such as contacts, media content and apps, all you need to do is connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable. Then you can copy the data into a separate folder to restore it afterwards. Alternatively, you can download and use the Phone Copy application that is specially designed for devices running on Android.
Once you’re done saving the data, you’re ready to restore the phone to factory settings. To do so, there are two main options: the first one is to use the phone’s menu and the second one is to perform a master reset using the hardware keys. Starting with the first option, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the phone’s Home Screen, press the Apps icon and open the Settings folder.
- Choose the SD & Phone Storage option then scroll down to Factory data reset.
- To continue, tap Reset phone and confirm you agree to Erase everything.
- The phone will now be reset to factory settings and be ready to use in a few minutes.
In case the HTC Amaze 4G is frozen, and you are unable to use the touchscreen to perform a master reset, you will have to use the hard reset buttons to do so. This can be done by following the instructions below:
- Power the phone off, remove the battery and re-insert it in a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for a while.
- When the Android logo pops up, release the buttons and scroll down to Factory Reset using the Volume keys.
- To confirm, tap the Power button and wait for the procedure to begin.
- The phone will be rebooting; don’t interrupt at any time.