Alcatel Fire E was announced in February 2015 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The smartphone became one of the most admired models from this brand, as it is equipped with impressive features. The resolution of the display of 540 x 960(~ 245 pixel density), the Dual-core 1.2 GHz; Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 200 processor or the 4 GB internal memory are just a few examples. If you are the proud owner of this device and would like to restore it back to factory settings, it might be time to do a hard reset on the Alcatel.
Also being popular under the name of master reset, this procedure is simple and very efficient in terms of removing all possible viruses that caused you problems. Whether the device became slower, you’re having trouble with some applications or you experienced errors and hands, this might be the best you could do. However, you should bear in mind that in case the software issues are only minor ones, you also have the option of a soft restore. There are 2 methods to perform a hard reset.
First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Device information icon.
- You have to touch the More information reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second Method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings