Oppo Find 7a was announced in March 2014 and the phone was available for sale from May 2014. It features a 5.5 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. Because our article today won’t only focus on the details of the Oppo device, but it will also talk about how to reset it, we consider it important to define this procedure. Therefore, doing a hard reset on such a phone means to set it back to the state it came in from the factory store. When doing this, all of the personal data added by the user will be erased, except for what was stored on the SIM card. You should hard reset the phone when it can’t beswitched on/off or it fails to properly launch most applications.
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.