Oppo Joy 3- a small device with a 4.5 inches capacitive touchscreen, 4 GB internal memory and 1 GB of RAM and uad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6582 processor. If you aren’t that much into the additional features of the Joy3, this phone looks like the best option. The phone was announced in June 2015 and made available for sale from August 2015. It comes in a rather boxy, but very cute shape. If you’re happy enough to own this smartphone, today’s article will be perfect for you, as we will show you how to keep it functional and as great as it is now.
By doing a hard reset on the device, you will bring it back to its original software and settings. This being said, all of the files you stored on the internal memory will be erased in order for the process to be possible. There’s no reason to worry about the data you copied on the SIM card or your micro SD one, as all that is safe and can be used later on. Please make a backup of the other (unsafe) documents so you don’t lose anything.
The master reset procedure will prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, and all such viruses will be removed. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone – just like the ones you buy in the shop – so you will need to start reinstalling all apps and transferring files on it in order to use it as before. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.