If you ever got to play with the great Find 7 from Oppo, you definitely know that this device comes with a few features that make life a lot easier. Starting with the 1440 x 2560(~ 534 ppi pixel density) display resolution, internal memory of 32 GB and 3 GB of RAM, Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean) operating system and Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400; Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor. The phone was announced in March 2014 and it was made available for sale from May 2014.
By doing a hard reset on the Oppo, you will bring the device back to its original software and settings. This being said, all of the files you stored on the internal memory will be erased in order for the process to be possible. There’s no reason to worry about the data you copied on the SIM card or your micro SD one, as all that is safe and can be used later on. Please make a backup of the other (unsafe) documents so you don’t lose anything.
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.