Huawei Ascend Mate7 was announced in September 2014 and the phone was available for sale from October 2014. It features a 6.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 368 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; HiSilicon Kirin 925 while the graphic processor is Mali-T628. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB or even 32 GB and 2 GB or even 3 GB of RAM . The smartphone comes with Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v5.1.1 (Lollipop), planned upgrade to v6.0 (Marshmallow).
If the device has shown some signs of unresponsiveness, then it is more than clear that you need to bring it back to its original settings. Performing a hard reset guide on a conventional phone will bring the device back to factory settings, deleting every piece of personal data and media file, except the version of the operating system. Among the pieces deleted by such a process one can count system settings, contacts, application and the cache.
Once you finish transferring all the information you’d like to keep, you’re ready to move on with the necessary steps. To refresh the phone’s software you simply need to follow the instructions, as shown below:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- Tap on Backup&Reset and choose the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- Select ‘Reset phone’, and confirm the whole operation tapping the action called ‘Erase everything’.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
You can also perform a master reset by doing the following (and by appealing to the device’s external buttons):
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings