Celkon A86 is a great phone which features a 3.5 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 320 x 480(~ 165 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Single-core 1 GHz; Spreadtrum 6820 while the graphic processor is PowerVR SGX531. The phone has internal memory 512 MB, 512 MB RAM. The smartphone comes with v2.3.6 (Gingerbread).You probably learned how to restore other similar models to their original settings, but you’ll have to be careful about the small differences when it comes to this one. The Celkon can be unfrozen using the soft restore procedure – by simply using the ON/OFF key that will shut it off, you will be able to take the battery and SIM card out for a minute. Once this is all done, you can place them back in and turn the phone on.
If the phone ever gets too slow or in case it stops working as it used to and shows error messages on the screen, it might help a lot to do a reset. While reinstalling the operating system, the reset will also solve all software issues causes by viruses, as it restores settings to the original ones and removes everything from the internal memory.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one, also known as soft resetting is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.