Alcatel Pop C7 Dual SIM was announced in September 2013 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 854(~ 196 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.3 GHz. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 1 GB of RAM.
The operating system of the device is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean). However, when you notice that your Pop C7 is performing at an undesirable rate, then all you have to do hard reset the device back to factory default settings. This method is ideal, as it can solve all problems related to software, get rid of infections and get your phone up and running in no time. You do not have to worry, as this process can be done in the comfort of your own home, taking just a few minutes of your time.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a master reset. The master reset procedure will restore all settings to original and remove the user data stored on the phone. This will prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, and all such viruses will be removed. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone – just like the ones you buy in the shop – so you will need to start reinstalling all apps and transferring files on it in order to use it as before.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Backup & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings