Looking simple, yet modern, the Alcatel Pop C5 Dual SIM was announced in the fall of 2013 and was made available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 854(~ 218 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.3 GHz. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The operating system of the device is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean). The phone was designed to work fantastically well, yet, users have complained about the way in which it functions, as it can prove to work pretty slow and even get stuck in applications. Not to worry, though, as with a simple process called a factory reset, all your worries can vanish in an instant!
If the phone ever shows error messages on the screen, it might help a lot to do a reset. While reinstalling the operating system, the reset will also solve all software issues causes by viruses, as it restores settings to the original ones and removes everything from the internal memory.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Backup & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings