Having a very interesting and vivacious look, the Acer Liquid Z110 Dual SIM is also easy to do a hard reset on. Being a cool smartphone powered by a Single-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9; Mediatek MT6575 processor (while the graphic one is PowerVR SGX531) and having been launched in October 2012, the device didn’t take long to become an appreciated one. If you’re experienced various software issues with this Acer, you should take a look at the following methods that we advice you to use.
Acer Liquid Z110 Dual SIM features a 3.5 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 320 x 480(~ 165 ppi pixel density). The phone has an internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread). Having software problems with your phone is something absolutely normal, and it happens even with the best of devices. You should not worry much if the Acer needs to be hard reset to its default settings, as this is a quick a safe operation that will get you rid of any virus while reinstalling the OS.
There are two options when it comes to restoring this phone to its factory settings. The same as it works with other Acer devices, you can either use the master reset keys on the outside of the case or take advantage of the phone settings in order to erase the data and bring the phone to its original state.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.