Acer Liquid Gallant Duo (Dual SIM) was announced in July 2012 and the phone was available for sale shortly after that. It features a 4.3 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 165 ppi pixel density). This phone has quickly been chosen by tens of thousands of electronic device enthusiasts. Many of them highly appreciate its built-in heart rate monitor, its water resistance feature, as well as fingerprint reader or camera with amazing focus. Despite the fact that it may sound like the ideal device to own, this phone can have its flaws, especially if it starts working at a slower rate. However, you should not worry, as with a soft reset, you can get it up and running in no time!
The master reset procedure will restore all settings to original and remove the user data stored on the phone. This will prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, and all such viruses will be removed. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone – just like the ones you buy in the shop – so you will need to start reinstalling all apps and transferring files on it in order to use it as before..
There are two ways to restore your device to its factory settings.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.