ZTE Axon was announced in October 2015 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 401 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400; Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 801 while the graphic processor is Adreno 330. The phone has internal memory of 32 GB and 2 GB of RAM . The smartphone comes with Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), as well as the two amazing cameras it comes with. The 13 MP + 2 MP(dual camera) one is the main camera – it comes with Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama– while the frontal 8 MP one is definitely not worth overlooking, either.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. If the phone ever gets too slow or in case it stops working as it used to and shows error messages on the screen, it might help a lot to do a reset. While reinstalling the operating system, the reset will also solve all software issues causes by viruses, as it restores settings to the original ones and removes everything from the internal memory.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings