In this guide we will show how to hard reset the Asus Transformer Prime TF700T, a newer variant of the Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet, whose major upgrade is a move to a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Launched by Asus in July 2012, under the cover of this device we have a quad-core processor with 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 and a Nvidia Tegra 3 T33 graphic chipset. The mobile dock offers a full QWERTY keyboard and touchpad alongside, with a USB port, while extending the battery life to an incredible 14 hours for all day computing.
Now, returning to our hard reset procedure, we just wanted to clear thing out by explaining how this process is actually going to modify the Transformer Prime. In a few words, this will basically restore the slate to a factory state, by completely erasing all applications, photos, videos and music, stored on the internal memory. Besides these, all phonebook entries (contacts) and messages will be deleted.
Transformer Prime Factory Reset
Considering the fact that restoring to factory settings will wipe the entire phone clean, this is a process that should be good It would be good in a few months after you’ve downloaded and installed programs that you no longer use or, the tablet began to respond slowly to commands. It can basically refresh your phone.
On the other hand, this is also great for when you want to sell the tablet and you don’t want your previous information to fall into the hands of someone else. Now, before you start, make sure that the TF700T has over 70% battery life and that you back-up all crucial data.
There are two methods of performing this job. The first one makes use of a special reset button found on the Asus tablet and it’s pretty straightforward to complete. Use this especially when the Transformer Prime has stopped responding and cannot load the operating system.
- Power OFF the slate.
- Grab yourself a paperclip or a needle.
- In the left side of the tablet is a reset hole, insert the paperclip or the needle and hold it there a couple of seconds until it restarts.
The secondary method is a bit more complicated and requires simultaneously pressing keys so be careful.
- Turn the tablet OFF, by pressing the power button located in the top left corner of the tablet
- Now press and hold the volume down key, located in the top right corner of the tablet, simultaneously with the power button, will appear recovery screen
- From the recovery screen, use the volume up key to reach Wipe User Data and to make the selection press the volume down key.
- Wait for your tablet to reset.