The Alcatel One Touch Tab 7 HD is one of the best choices when it comes to cheap tablets. Its release was announced in January 2013 and was available for sale in May 2013. Its processor is a Dual-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 and it has 1 GB RAM. Its OS is Android, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) and it has 8 GB of internal memory. What is important to mention is the fact that this tablet will not work on any GSM network. If you have already purchased this device, then you probably noticed the fact that, after a period of time, it starts to freeze while you open some applications. This is the most important alert that your device needs a factory reset.Although you might think that this process requires an expensive visit to a GSM service, you should know that you can definitely take matters into your own hands.
You can restore Alcatel One Touch Tab 7 HD to its initial factory settings in an efficient, less time and money-consuming manner if you follow a few simple steps. It is essential to take into consideration the fact that this process will have some consequences, the most important one being that it will erase all the personal data you have on your device, including your photos, your music, your contacts, as well as your accounts. Also, it is strongly recommended to have a backup done before you start the restore process. After you finish this, your device should run smoother and should not freeze anymore.
How to restore the Alcatel One touch Tab 7 HD
- Right on the main tablet menu you should find the Settings button; press it.
- Make your way through Backup and then Reset.
- The next option you should choose is Reset to Factory Settings, which will then be followed by Reset Tablet.
- Confirm this option by pressing Erase Everything.
This is just the first option of performing a factory reset. The secondary one can be used when the Android platform is not responsive and the device is stuck. Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn of the device and then power it back by pressing the Power button at the same time with the Volume Down key. Hold these two pressed until a logo appears on the screen.
- In this recovery menu, we shall use the Volume Up and Down buttons for scrolling and the Power button to make a selection. Search for the Wipe / Data Factory option and then select OK.
- Wait until the system understands your wishes and then confirm by choosing to reboot the system.