Being a sequel to the Acer Iconia Tab A100 with a 7 inch display, the Acer Iconia Tab A110 is a powerful device announced and released in October 2012. This tablet comes with TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors and 8GB of internal memory. You should bear in mind that, as nice and affordable as this device can prove to be, it is important to note that, after a while, it can get stuck in some applications, freeze or work at a slower rate. You ought to note that, when this happens, all you have to do is hard reset your Acer Iconia Tab A110 to factory settings and all problems will go away.
The Acer Iconia Tab A110 is a powerful device with a nice and modern design, as well as plenty of great features. It runs on Android OS v4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system and is powered by 1.2 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 T30L processor. However, just like any tablet or smartphone out there, it can show signs of unresponsiveness and really irritate the user when it gets stuck in applications or catches viruses. However, by appealing to a software refresh, all these issues can be easily solved.
Master resetting the Iconia Tab A110
An ingenious procedure such as a software reset can bring your device back to the original settings, thus dealing with any software related issues, freezing, unresponsiveness and so on. This is a process similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. While everything important is deleted, the tablet will be brought back to a working state in mere seconds. Here are the two methods to hard reset your Iconia Tab A110:
- Turn off the device by holding the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key.
- While holding the Volume Up button, press the Power button for a few seconds.
- When the device vibrates, release the Power button.
- Press the Home button to see the Recovery Mode menu and select the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Confirm by pressing the Power key
- Choose ‘Yes- delete all user data’ and wait for the device to reboot.
If the above-mentioned method does not work, you can always try the second one. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn on the tablet by using the Power button.
- Navigate through the menu and go to Settings, then to Privacy.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap ‘Reset device’ and select ‘Erase everything’ to format your tablet.