ZTE Axon Elite Dual SIM was announced in September 2015 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 401 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57; Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 while the graphic processor is Adreno 430. The phone has internal memory of 32 GB and 3 GB of RAM. The smartphone comes with Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. A frozen device is not such a big surprise these days anymore. Mostly anyone knows that the answer to lags, unresponsive apps and errors is to hard reset your smartphone or tablet yourself. However, the important aspect is not to follow instructions that you’ve seen used on other similar phones or you think might work on yours. This is why our article today is here to guide you in doing a hard reset specifically on the ZTE Axon Elite Dual SIM.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings