Before you do a hard reset on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 in order to restore it to default settings, you should know a little bit about its features. First and foremost, it comes with a PLS LCD touchscreen that measures 7 inches and supports multitouch. Using a dual-core 1 GHz processor, as well as a TI OMAP 4430 chipset, this tablet has a GPU type PowerVR SGX540. Running on version 4.0.3 of Android, it works well on both Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean, and it’s easy enough to upgrade its OS.
You can do a master reset on this Samsung device after having installed a bad app or one that’s not supported by the tablet. This can cause it to freeze, but it can also stop responding due to soft errors or viruses. The same procedure is useful whenever you forgot the pattern lock, user or device code, when you want to erase a large number of files at once or before reselling the Galaxy Tab.
HOW TO RESTORE THE GALAXY TAB
One of the easiest methods that users tend to like is the one that’s performed when the device is in Power On mode. While this one doesn’t require any IT skills and can be done within less time than the second one, it may not always work for you. A good example is when the Samsung Galaxy Tab is not responsive, freezes a lot, fails to open the menu or reboots when you expect it the least.
If your device doesn’t have the previously-mentioned problems, you can begin the reset by following the steps listed below:
- Fully charge it and turn the tablet on.
- Remove all cables and go to the Menu.
- Click on Settings and load the Privacy section.
- Scroll down to Factory Reset and press Reset Tablet.
- Read the warnings and tap Erase to confirm.
For the Power Off option, you should do as shown here:
- Turn the device off and press Volume Down.
- Keep holding this key, and then briefly press Power.
- Release when the logo appears, and then wait for the Menu.
- Choose Wipe Data >> Yes >> Reboot Tablet Now.
- In order to navigate, use Volume keys and press Power to select.
If all else fails, a good wait to do this is to use the hard reset code. This is a secret code that needs to be inserted in the Dial Pad while the device is turned on. Simply open the pad as if you were trying to make a phone call and enter this: *2767*3855# then press the green Call key to begin the process.