The Galaxy Star GT-S5280 is a very small and affordable Samsung phone that weighs solely 100.5 g (3.53 oz). It has been announced in April 2013 and released one month later. Despite the fact that it became very popular in a short period of time, it can disappoint its users when it stops working at a slower rate or when it gets stuck in some applications. However, if you decide to hard reset your GT-S5280 to factory settings, then all your problems will quickly vanish.
The Star GT-S5280 follows the candy bar form factor for smartphones, its users appreciating its enhanced computing power for exceptional all-round performance thanks to its speedy 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor and Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. It comes equipped with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage. It also has a microSD, which can store up to 32 GB. The GT-S5280 has an Accelerometer sensor, as well as many other interesting features, including MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player, photo/video editor, document viewer, Java MIDP emulator and more.
As nice as this device may sound, it can cause a lot of dissatisfactions to its users, as it can catch viruses or work at a less optimal level. Nevertheless, you do not have to worry, as all these issues can go away at the moment in which you try an ingenious process called a factory restore. You can perform this process in the comfort of your own home and follow some simple steps.
Galaxy GT-S5280 software refresh
You should note that master resetting your device can delete all the data and installed applications, including your accounts, music, videos, pictures, documents and other files. This is why it is highly recommended to do a backup beforeand. Here is the first method to hard reset your phone by using the software menu.
- Turn on your device and make sure it has enough battery.
- Go to the Settings menu and tap “Backup and reset”.
- Click on “Factory data reset”, then press “Reset device”.
- Select the “Erase everything” option and wait for your phone to reboot.
The second method to bring back your phone to its original settings is by using its external keys. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold together the Volume up button, the Home button, as well as the Power key.
- Wait until the LCD menu appears and navigate through it using the Volume buttons.
- Select the “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by pressing the Power key.
- Wait for the phone to perform the process of restoring to factory soft.
The third option to master reset the Galaxy Star is by using a secret key code. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn on your phone and make sure its battery is not empty.
- Dial or press number to call: *2767*3855#.
- Wait for the phone to reboot.