Released in April 2013, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is an excellent but high priced 8-inch tablet competing against Apple`s best products such as iPad mini. That phablet its recognizable as belonging to the Samsung manufacturer thanks to its rounded, larger than normal body just like an oversized Galaxy S4.
Regardless how carefully you use your tablet, in time you`ll came across different situations that require your attention. These situations consist in frequent lags and system freezes that affect in a negative way your user experience. If you`re tired of wasting time and energy trying to figure out what causes these problems, it`s time that you take action and perform a factory reset to your Galaxy Note 8.0. This is a simple way of getting rid of all data if you plan to sell the phone and you don`t want your personal information get in the wrong hands.
Before reading further, we should mention that if you go this road it is important that you do a backup of all your data because some of these methods will result in the erase of all data from your phone. Only then can you proceed with the following methods.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 resembles Note II when it comes to display resolution (800 x 1280, 8.0 inches) as well as the Android build. Note 8.0 features Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) but some may find its Samsung’s TouchWiz interface and pre loaded apps pretty overwhelming. The main thing that differentiates the tablet from its rivals is the S pan stylus that proved to be quick and easy to use. The device has a SIM card that enables you to do whatever you would normally do with a smartphone, make calls, sent messages and so on. It has a 16 GB memory and up to 64 GB micro SD external memory.
How to factory reset the Galaxy Note
Before taking any further action you must do a back of all your important information because any of these methods will result in the erase of all your data. Also, make sure that the battery is fully charged to avoid power interruption. If you are still able to access the menu try the following steps:
- After you turned on your tablet, access the menu.
- Next, find and access the Setting option and from the menu appeared choose Backup and reset.
- Tap Reset device and choose Erase Everything. Now, the device will do the factory reset and when the process is complete your tablet will be as new.
The second method is convenient if your device is frozen and you can`t access the menu. Try the following key combination:
- First, press and hold the following keys simultaneously: Volume Up Button, Home Key Button and Power Button.
- After several seconds a menu will appear and you can release the buttons.
- From the menu choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset using Volume up and Volume Down to navigate and Power key to select or enter.
- Next, select Delete User Data and the factory reset is complete.
The third option resets the device using a secret key code. To hard reset the tablet you must enter into the dialer the following code: *2767*3855# and the tablet resets automatically.