Being the successor to the Galaxy 3, the Galaxy Ace S5830 is a simple and affordable smartphone released in February 2011 by Samsung. It has a wide range of interesting features, including geo-tagging, autofocus, LED flash, check quality, face/smile detection and so on. Despite the fact that it might be considered a great performing phone, after a while, it can show signs of unresponsiveness, get affected by viruses or get damaged. However, with a simple process called a software refresh, all these issues will go away. Follow this guide to learn how you can hard reset your Ace S5830 to factory soft.
Being also known as Samsung Galaxy Ace La Fleur or Samsung Galaxy Ace Hugo Boss, the Galaxy Ace S5830 is only available in black but comes with back covers in two different colors, black and white. It runs on Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system and is powered by a Qualcomm MSM7227 Snapdragon processor. Its display is of just 3.5 inches (~54.2% screen-to-body ratio) and it is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass. Whenever you might notice that your device is not performing at an optimal level, you can easily master reset it. This is a process similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. While everything important is deleted, the phone will be brought back to a working state in mere seconds.
Galaxy Ace S5830 master reset
It is worth noting that a software refresh will delete all phone data, including your accounts, your music, your videos, your files or installed applications. It is virtually impossible to recover these after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. This is also necessary whenever you might need to sell your phone and wipe your personal data.
Here is the first method to hard reset your phone and bring it back to its initial state of glory:
- Turn off your device.
- Press together and hold the Home key and the Power button.
- Release the keys once your phone gets to the Android system recovery mode.
- Navigate by using the Volume buttons and select the “wipe data/factory reset” option with the Home button.
- Select “yes-delete all user data” and then press the Home key to confirm.
- Choose “reboot system now” and confirm by pressing the Home button.
- Wait for your device to reboot.
The second method to bring back your device to a working state is by using a special code. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn on the phone.
- Press or dial : *2767*3855#.
- Wait for your device to do the factory default with secret code key.
The third method to soft reset your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is by using the menu of the phone. Follow the next instructions:
- Turn on the device.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose: Setting > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.