Celkon Q455 Dual SIM was announced in August 2014 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. You should note that it can have amazing features and optimal functionality, yet it should be said that, after a while, it can show serious signs of unresponsiveness. Nevertheless, with an ingenious process such as a master reset, all issues will go away instantly. You might think that this process is difficult and you have to go to a GSM store and pay a fortune for a hard resetting your phone, but you are able to do it by yourself if you follow a few steps. What is important to mention is the fact that, if you decide to perform a master reset on your device you will lose any personal data on the phone, including your accounts, your passwords, your pictures, your music and your contacts. This is the reason why it is strongly recommended to perform a backup on your phone before you start the hard reset process.
Celkon Q455 Dual SIM features a 4.5 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 245 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz; Mediatek MT6582 while the graphic processor is Mali-400MP2. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM . The smartphone comes with Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat).
However, when you notice that your phone is performing at an undesirable rate, then all you have to do is reset the device back to factory default settings. This hard reset procedure offers you the chance to keep all your desired contents of the SD card, so only elements that are stored on the internal memory will be affected. Before commencing, you should make sure that the device has sufficient battery (above 60 per cent) and backup everything important. You can do this on a hard drive or any other external accessory.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Here is the first one to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.