Celkon Q455 Dual SIM was announced in August 2014 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.5 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 245 pixel density). Although known as a very good device, after a long time of using it, you might start noticing a few software problems, such as errors and hangs. In order to solve these, as well as many similar issues, we recommend hard resetting the Celkon device. The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz; Mediatek MT6582 while the graphic processor is Mali-400MP2. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM . The smartphone comes with Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
You should bear in mind that the hard reset procedure offers you the chance to keep all your desired contents of the SD card, so only elements that are stored on the internal memory will be affected. Before commencing, you should make sure that the device has sufficient battery (above 60 per cent) and backup everything important. You can do this on a hard drive or any other external accessory.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Let’s learn about the first:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.