Celkon A20 Dual SIM was announced in August 2013 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.0 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 800(~ 233 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.2 GHz; Qualcomm MSM8225Q Snapdragon S2 while the graphic processor is Adreno 203. The phone has internal memory of 512 MB, 256 MB RAM. The smartphone comes with v4.2 (Jelly Bean). Despite the fact that it is an optimal performing model, this phone might irritate the user when freezing out of the blue or not responding to commands. In the following lines we are going to show how to master reset the A20 or, in other words, restore it to a factory settings state.
A frozen device is not such a big surprise these days anymore. Mostly anyone knows that the answer to lags, unresponsive apps and errors is to hard reset your smartphone or tablet yourself. However, the important aspect is not to follow instructions that you’ve seen used on other similar phones or you think might work on yours. This is why our article today is here to guide you in doing a hard reset specifically on this model. During the hard reset process all the internal data, including pictures, videos, music, contacts and other files will be erased without mercy (data on SIM is not deleted). So, as you may have already hinted, a back-up of everything important is needed first. Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.