Resetting your BlackBerry Curve 9300 to factory settings can be a useful procedure when facing with unresponsive applications or other software errors. You must keep in mind that a hard or master reset restores the original settings but will cause the erase of all downloaded content, including applications, images, programs, ringtones and contacts stored in the internal memory. However, it will not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card. There are different types of reset processes that will be detailed in this article.
Perfect for those who don`t want to be overwhelmed with features, BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 keeps it simple and sticks closely to the BlackBerry design blueprint with the standard layout and full QWERTY keyboard. BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 is an updated version of the Curve 8520. The Curve 9300 has some tempting extras such as support for 3G networks around the world, something that the 8520 was actually missing. Other features include GPS with A-GPS support, 2MP camera, 256 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM, Wi-Fi, GPS, micro SD card up to 32GB.
How to Master Reset the Curve 9300
It is recommended to perform a back-up of the data as a master reset results in deleting all settings. To master reset the Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 you must do the followings:
- Press the ”Menu key” then scroll to and select the Setup icon (to select, press the trackpad in).
- Go to “Options” icon.
- Then select “Security Options”.
- Scroll to and select ”Security Wipe”.
- Next choose what type of information you wish to have removed:
- Emails, Contacts, etc: Deletes all user information including messages, media, and PIM information
- User Installed Applications: Delete all applications which were not included in the original handheld software
- Media Card: Delete all content from a MicroSD memory card.
- Now enter the word “blackberry” and select ”Wipe”.
- Enjoy your brand new device.
If your phone is unresponsive you can also perform a soft reset. This will stop all applications on the BlackBerry device and will not result in data loss. The procedure has only few steps:
- Press and hold the ”Alt”, right ”Shift” and ”Delete” keys at the same time.
- The device will power cycle meaning that the reset has started. The BlackBerry Smartphone will shut down, and the keys can now be released.
- The BlackBerry Smartphone will now restart with a fresh new system.