Released in August 2011, the BlackBerry Torch 9810 is perfect for different types of users so we can call it a youth-orientated as well as business phone. If you find yourself in the situation of dealing with slow moving apps or unwanted behavior that put you in an uncomfortable situation, it’s time to look for solutions.Starting over and performing a hard reset on the BB Torch 9810 has often proved to be the best overall option.
If you forgot your password or you just want to wipe all data before giving the phone to someone else, this method should work just fine. Before taking any further action make sure that you have all your data backed up so you won’t lose any important information at the end of the process. Afterwards, the phone should work as new again and respond well to your commands. This article will show you the steps you must follow in order to do a proper factory reset.
The BlackBerry is very fast and easy to navigate smartphone. The screen is impressive and has an equally fantastic battery life. Inside you’ll find 8 GB of internal storage . The RIM BlackBerry Torch 9810 has a good-looking physical keyboard,vibrant screen, BlackBerry 7 OS, a 1.2 GHz really fast processor and 720p HD video recording.
How to Hard Reset the Torch 9810
Before going any further don’t forget to backup all your data from the phone because these methods will wipe away everything from the internal memory. The methods for resetting the BlackBerry Torch 9810 are described in the following video:
Soft resetting this phone requires a three-key combination. Next, you should complete the following steps:
- First, you should press the Alt key.
- While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shift key.
- Still pressing both of those buttons, you must tap the Backspace (Delete) key.
- Only after the phone restarts so the screen turns off, you can release the keys you’ve been holding. After the restart, you’re done and the phone is back to a fresh state.
There is another method you can try. It will, as said before, result in the loss of all user data so it is recommended to perform a backup first of all before following the reset steps:
- On the home screen you must open the All tray, and then select Settings.
- From that menu that appears you should scroll and tap Security.
- Next, select Security Wipe.
- The Security Wipe options screen will be displayed. Scroll to and select from the options available what you want to delete ( E-mail, Contacts, User Installed Applications, Media Card)
- Enter “blackberry” in the blank box, and then select Wipe Data. The device will reboot when complete.