In April 2013, Asus launched the Asus PadFone Infinity that is now one of the newest and most craved smartphones from this brand. The phone having a super IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors is a high quality one that you’ll definitelly adore.
Taking into account the fact that the phone is more than one year old at the moment, although it’s still far from being considered outmoded, it can certainly run a little slower. If you’ve been encountering countless problems: failing apps, fatal errors, a slow performance or a delay in responding to commands, you have to understand that this is normal, and it happens to most all smartphones. For such situations, today’s guide will show you how to hard reset the Asus PadFone Infinity.
Powered by the Jelly Bean operating system from Android, this phone comes with a 5 inches display attached with multitouch and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The Asus PadFone Infinity is also equipped with a 2400 mAh battery, a 13 MP front camera and a 2 MP secondary one. In terms of connectivity, the phone connects to the internet via a Wi-Fi 802 hotspot and can easily be connected to other devices using its Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP.
Asus Padfone Infinity Factory Reset
Moving on to the procedure that restores the Asus PadFone Infinity to original software, the first step that needs to be taken is saving all important data stored on it. To make a backup of the phone, all that needs to be done is download the Phone Copy application and follow the indications in its user-friendly guide.
Now that your data is saved, you can get started with the hard reboot procedure. There are two ways of doing this: first of all, you can reset the device via the menu; in case the phone is frozen, you can also perform a master reset via hardware. Starting with the first option, you should follow the steps below:
- From your Home Screen, open the Main Menu and choose the Settings folder.
- Scroll down to the Personal section and select Backup and Reset.
- Choose the Factory Reset option and confirm by tapping Reset Phone.
- Enter the password when prompted (9968) and tap Erase everything to confirm.
- The phone will be shutting down and rebooting; wait for the procedure to end.
In case the touchscreen is frozen, the second solution might work better for the Asus PadFone Infinity:
- Fully charge the phone and turn it off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press the Power key, and keep holding both buttons for a few seconds.
- Once you enter the Recovery Menu, release the buttons.
- Now press the Power button to enter Download Mode.
- Using the Volume keys, navigate to select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and confirm with the Power button.
- Wait for the process to be complete and don’t interrupt at any given moment.