Asus released in December 2011 the Transformer Prime TF201 , a top range tablet at that time. This device can be used with EE Pad, a keyboard specially designed to work with the tablet. Taking in consideration that the slate is somewhat old right now, those who use it may encounter countless problems, including slow performance, delays in launching applications and system freezes.
In order to avoid such things and get rid of them for a good period, users can hard reset the Asus Ee Pad Transformer Prime TF2013. This procedure will restore the slate back to factory settings and refresh the software.
The slate itself has a 10.1-inch super IPS-LCD, capacitive screen, protected with Corning Gorilla Glass. Asus improved the Transformer Prime with a good internal memory, being available for purchase with a 32 GB or 64 GB internal memory. The tablet also has a powerful Quad-Core processor running at a 1.3 GHz frequency and 1 Gb RAM.When it comes to media, this Asus device has a good 8 MP camera and LED flash and a 1.2 MP secondary camera. It also runs Android 3.2 HoneyComb, which can be upgraded to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich.
Resetting the Transformer Prime TF201
From time to time you may need to soft reset your tablet, to get rid of lags or freezes your device may encounter. The hard reset can also be used to clear out all of your data you don’t want. Before proceeding to reset, you must backup the data from tablet. You can do this online, or using various memory devices and proper apps. Be careful because by this action, you will lose all of your personal stuff including apps.There are two methods of completing the task, and the first one can be reached from the settings menu:
- First, enter the App Menu an then choose Settings App.
- At this point, go to the Privacy menu and select Factory Data Reset.
- Then select Erase tablet and chose Erase Everything to confirm the action.
The second method is to use the Recovery Menu of Android, accessible even when the phone cannot boot into the system:
- First plug out from any power source and Power Off your Asus tablet.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down key and the Power Button at the same time.
- Wait a couple of seconds until the recovery menu will appear.
- In this menu, select Factory Reset by pressing the Volume Down key and start the process with the Volume Up key.
For those who have Android ICS, after you boot the device by pressing the Power OFF and Volume Down keys at the same time, wait until you see the Wipe Data option and choose it instead of the one mentioned above. Now you have restored the original soft on your tablet, and cleared out all the data.