The Alcatel OT-918 is a budget Android smartphone that was launched in November 2011. The device may not be one of the most powerful, but it’s a high quality phone that is known to be perfect for browsing the internet and listening to music. The positive reviews coming from customers also prove that the phone tends to function very well.
You should perform a hard reset on the Alcatel OT-918 if you’re planning on selling it as brand new, you forgot its password or you’re dealing with constant errors and other similar software issues. This procedure will solve all your problems by resetting the smartphone to its factory software and settings, while wiping down all the data stored on its memory.
Before jumping into the details and necessary step of the process, it is important to know a few details about this phone. First of all, The OT-918 runs on Android OS v2.3.5, also known as Gingerbread and features 512 MB ROM, as well as 256 MB of RAM. When it comes to music, the device has a stereo FM radio attached with RDS and supports most music file formats. In terms of internet connectivity, it is equipped with a Wi-Fi 802 hotspot and gives access to integrated apps like Youtube, Picasa and Maps.
Restoring the Alcatel One Touch
Stepping back to the master reset procedure that we previously discussed, it is extremely important to bear in mind the fact that all the data will be erased. This means that in order to save your files before getting started, you should create a backup on an external device. This can me the micro SD card, a laptop or tablet, as well as a cloud.
Once you’re done saving the files and folders on the phone, you can get started with the next step. This one can be performed either by using the Main Menu or via hardware. The first method can be used by following the steps below:
- From the Home Screen, go to the Settings folder.
- Select Privacy from the given options and choose Factory Data Reset.
- To continue, tap Reset Phone and then select Erase Everything.
While this method requires a working device, as it uses the phone’s touchscreen and keyboard, the second option is suitable for an unresponsive or frozen Alcatel OT. If you choose this one, please do the following:
- The first step will be to turn the phone off.
- Press and hold together the Power (2) and Volume Up (1) keys until the Android logo pops up.
- Press the Home key (3) to see the menu and select Wipe Data with the Volume Down button.
- Tap the left sensitive key (4) to select and choose Yes on the next screen using the same Volume keys (1).
- Press the sensitive key (4) on the left once again and select Reboot.
- Wait for the device to start the procedure and don’t interrupt it.