The Alcatel One Touch OT-903 is in general a sturdy and reliable phone but, sometimes the device happens to misbehave or to run slowly. In that situation, a simple answer would be to hard reset the model and bring it back to a factory settings state. Because this procedure wipes the phone clean, it is also recommended before selling.
With a 2.8 inch capacitive touchscreen, its 650 MHz CPU seems to do a fine job. Alcatel One Touch 903, shortened Alcatel OT-903, was released in the late August of 2012. This particular model of touch-screen Alcatel has a dual SIM variant, the dual SIM characteristic being quite the quality, even though it comes with other note-worthy features such as a 2-megapixel high resolution camera, GPS, JAVA, document readers, Wi-Fi capability, an easy to fit 3.5 mm jack, a microUSB 2.0 port and many more.
As far as design goes, the Alcatel OT-903 design is attractive enough to outweigh its small price. In this case, cheaper doesn’t mean cheap all the way as its battery cover is rubberized and gives users a strong grip thanks to its dimpled pattern. Physical buttons such as “Home” and “Volume” are present instead of virtual touch instances, making navigation pleasurable, responsive and with tactile feedback.
How to Hard Reset the Alcatel One Touch OT-903
As with the Acer A511 tablet, the Alcatel OT-903 model makes your life easy when it comes to hard resetting. Keep in mind that a restoration procedure will erase all user data currently stored on the phone. In other words, your Alcatel will be brought back to a factory state, deleting any information from the internal storage. We strongly recommend that you back-up images, music, videos and other contents before proceeding onto the following steps.
Anyway, ready? Let’s get started:
- Turn off your handset (that is if your OT-903 isn’t already turned off).
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power Key at the same time, until the reset interface comes into view.
- Press the “Home” key and select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” using the Volume rocker.
- Press the “Menu” key to confirm and select “Yes – delete all user data”. Press again the “Menu” key to confirm.
- Select “reboot system now” and press the “Menu” key to confirm.