Small, yet powerful, the Alcatel Idol 2 Mini S was announced in February 2014 and the phone was available for sale from June 2014. It features a 4.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 245 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz; Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 200. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 1 GB of RAM . the operating system of the device is Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4 (KitKat) The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore in order to bring the phone to its initial settings and OS. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages.
If you often encounter freezes and lags that give you no choice but do force starts, that might be a sign that you need to hard reset the Alcatel Idol 2 Mini S to factory settings. During this process you`ll lose all data and customized settings stored on the memory, but at the end all problems should be gone and you`ll enjoy your brand new device. The method is recommended even when you want to give or sell your phone and need to delete all your information.
There are two methods to perform a hard reset.
First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the More information factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second Method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings