Being announced this spring, the Acer Liquid Z520 features a 5.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 854(~ 187 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6582 while the graphic processor is Mali-T400MP2. The phone has internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat). You should keep in mind that, as nice and affordable as this device can prove to be, it is important to note that, after a while, it can get stuck in some applications, freeze or work at a slower rate. You ought to note that, when this happens, all you have to do is hard reset your Acer device to factory settings and all problems will go away.
If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. If you own this smartphone and would like to improve its performance, today’s article is going to present you with a safe method to do so.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.