Acer Liquid Z5 was announced in January 2014 and the phone was available for sale from that moment on. It features a 5.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 854(~ 196 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6572 while the graphic processor is Mali-400. After a while, the device can show signs of unresponsiveness and catch viruses because of various applications or web pages. Nevertheless, with a simple hard reset procedure, the smartphone can be brought to a running state in mere minutes. This article is your go-to guide for learning what you need to do in order to bring your device to its initial settings.
The master reset procedure will restore all settings to original and remove the user data stored on the phone. This will prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, and all such viruses will be removed. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone – just like the ones you buy in the shop – so you will need to start reinstalling all apps and transferring files on it in order to use it as before. There are two ways to restore your device to its factory settings.
First method is also known as soft resetting is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.