Acer Liquid Z220 was announced in March 2015 and the phone was available for sale from just one month later. It features a 4.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 854(~ 233 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.2 GHz; Qualcomm Snapdragon 200, while the graphic processor is Mali-T400MP2. The phone has internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop).
The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet. Despite its strong points, this phone, much like the rest nowadays, can bring you a lot of dissatisfactions when it comes to crashing / freezing or it otherwise preventing you from opening the apps you wish. This is why it is a good idea to appeal to an ingenious process called a factory reset using the settings menu or the phone’s external buttons. Read the full tutorial in order to understand how you can bring your smartphone back to the original settings and restore its operating system.
Whenever you notice your device working slower than normal, you ought to try a software refresh. Why? The reason is due to the fact that this process can help you get rid of infections, software errors or simply delete any important data before a resell. Being very similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer, a soft reset deletes everything and brings back the phone to a working state in a few minutes. There are two ways to restore your device to its factory settings. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.