Acer Liquid Z2 Dual SIM was announced in February 2013 and the phone was available for sale shortly after that. You should note that this wonderful phone features a 3.5 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 320 x 480(~ 165 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Single-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5; Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon S1 while the graphic processor is Adreno 200. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore in order to bring the phone to its initial settings and OS. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.