Acer Liquid X1 was announced in June 2014 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.7 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 294 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6592 while the graphic processor is Mali-450MP4. The phone has internal memory of 4/16 GB and 1/2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat).
In case you purchased this phone and started to notice an increasing number of fatal errors, hangs, slow or unresponsive apps, it could be that your phone was attacked by a virus. Our recommendation in such situations is to do a hard reset on the X1. Being very similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer, a soft reset deletes everything and brings back the phone to a working state in a few minutes.
There are two methods of restoring the phone to its original state. The first one, also known as soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. The second uses the phone’s external buttons (Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power key). In today’s article will outline the most representative details for each one of them. Before stepping any further, though, there are a few features that you should know about, such as saving your files ahead of time (as you will lose all your personal data-including your music, videos, files and contacts). Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.