Acer Liquid S1 was announced in August 2013 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.7 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 258 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6589 while the graphic processor is PowerVR SGX544. The phone has internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean). Being one of the middle options for those who want both quality and a reasonable price, this phone rarely ever crashes. As it happens to the best of devices, though, it can sometimes be attacked by a virus. In this case, you have to know how to hard reset the Liquid S1.
The steps to follow are fairly easily and can be performed by anyone at home. All you need to do before you get started is to make sure that your phone is fully charged, you saved the files from the RAM and tried all other options to solve the problem. The master reset will remove everything saved onto the internal memory and will restore the phone to its original settings, so all apps will be lost, too.
There are two ways of rebooting this smartphone – the first one involves using the Main Menu, while the second one is suited for frozen devices, as it uses the hard reset buttons. To create the necessary backup before getting started, you should connect to a PC with the USB cable and transfer all data into a folder that you will remember.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.