Looking sleek and modern, with a futuristic edge, the Acer Liquid E700 was announced in June 2014 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 294 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6582 while the graphic processor is Mali-400MP2. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. Despite its strong points, this phone, much like the rest nowadays, can bring you a lot of dissatisfactions when it comes to crashing / freezing or it otherwise preventing you from opening the apps you wish. This is why it is a good idea to appeal to an ingenious process called a factory reset using the settings menu or the phone’s external buttons. Read the full tutorial in order to understand how you can bring your smartphone back to the original settings and restore its operating system
If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore in order to bring the phone to its initial settings and OS. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages.
There are two ways to restore your device to its factory settings.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.