The Acer Liquid E700 is a great smartphone announced in June 2014 and released in August the same year. It has a lot of interesting features, a futuristic design and hardware similar to other Acer devices, all in a very small package. Whenever you encounter some problems with this device, forget your SIM code or wish to give it to someone else, it is important to appeal to a great process called hard resetting the Liquid E700 to factory soft. Follow this tutorial that will guide you through all the necessary steps to restore your phone to its initial glory.
The resolution of the display is 480 x 854(~ 196 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400 while the graphic processor is Adreno 305. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.